We have various roles working for top dealerships within heavy plant maintenance throughout the UK. We are looking for field service engineers to work from home. My clients offer fantastic training and benefits and this is a wonderful opportunity. Main Duties are:
• You will provide an estimate of arrival time at customers site in response to service request based on the job instructions from Branch giving details of customer location, machine, contact name and nature of problem and current work situation.
• Contact customer’s site management in order to register arrival and presence on site and ensure knowledge of customer procedures so as to align with customer’s site requirements.
• Undertake a local site risk assessment prior to commencing service work, preparing an appropriate method statement in line with standard situation procedures and principles.
• Diagnose the likely cause of reported equipment problems, in discussion with customer operators/supervisors and using specialised equipment. • Identify the parts required to carry out the repair and requisition any parts and determine expected time of delivery so that a date and time of any necessary service re-visit can be arranged with the customer.
• Undertake repair and service work on the machine to the agreed work plan. • Inspect and test completed machine to ensure unit is operating to expected performance levels, removing and dispatching components for specialist attention and re-installing the original or replacement, to bring the machine up to the required standards.
• Complete all service reports and warranty documentation to enable the correct and timely charging of the customer and suppliers Skills And Knowledge • Formal apprenticed trained or a development opportunity for a qualified apprentice
Ideally you will have:
• Served as a heavy plant engineer for a significant period. • Have experience of a variety of construction and static machines. • Knowledge in the use of field based diagnosis tools and equipment essential. • Communications skills in negotiating a practical and commercially significant solution are important
Ideally you will have a NVQ in plant machinery or similar